It was another busy week last week administering Covid vaccines!
- On Saturday 23rd January, we delivered our biggest single day, ‘at-scale’ vaccination programme, having run vaccination clinics simultaneously from Falcon and Ley Hill sites. We vaccinated a total 1650 people on one day with 1288 vaccinations at Ley Hill and 362 at Falcon.
- On Sunday 24th January, despite the terrible weather conditions, the Falcon site was operational to ensure we use our Pfizer supply without wastage despite the many people who could not attend due to the weather.
- We have now administered over 7000 vaccinations in total with this week’s target being around 2300 vaccinations.
- Unfortunately, 66 patients failed to attend their appointment last week. Due to the way the vaccines are stored and transported, we have a limited time to administer them and plan the number of vaccinations based on who is attending. Non-attendance by patients may cause vaccines to be disposed of unnecessarily.
- We have commenced vaccinating patients in the 79-70 age group. If you fall into this category, we will contact you very soon. We are rapidly working down the lists of these people so please bear with us!
- Just a reminder that the Birmingham Community Health Care Trust (BCHC) will be vaccinating all of Sutton Coldfield’s housebound patients. They will be in contact to arrange a suitable time for them to come and visit to administer the vaccine. Unfortunately, we are unable to specify exactly when you will be called as BCHC are managing this process.
Remember: Please do not call us to arrange a vaccination. You will receive a call when the time comes for you to book in for the vaccination.